2015-08-31
鬼片的季節又來了!全世界幾乎每個國家都有「鬼月」、「鬼節日」,尤其是亞熱帶地區的台灣,看鬼片儼然成為暑假熱門「消暑」活動之一。不論你愛不愛、敢不敢看,這個話題你怎樣逃不了、也忘不掉,不如就來學點老師絕對不會教你的「恐怖片英文」!
Greg: It’s funny how all horror movies fall into one of a few categories.
有趣的是,恐怖片不出那幾種類型。
Ashley: Yep. I think this is one of those evil spirit, exorcism movies.
是啊。我看這部應該是那種惡靈、驅魔電影。
Greg: My personal favorites are the ones about mysterious plagues.
我個人最喜歡的是那種跟神秘瘟疫有關的電影。
Ashley: Like the zombies in 28 Days Later?
你是說像《28天毀滅倒數》那種殭屍片?
Greg: Yep, or like the disease in Blindness.
對,或是像《盲流感》的怪病。
Ashley: To be honest, that whole theme is pretty creepy.
說實在的,那部片的主題滿恐怖的。
Greg: And it ties in with real events in the news, like SARS and the swine flu.
而且很符合時事,像SARS和豬流感。
Ashley: The only ones I don’t really like are the blood-and-guts, gory ones.
我唯一不太喜歡的類型是血腥殺戮片。
Greg: Yeah, slasher flicks are so 70s. I mean, how many movies can they make about psycho killers with axes, chainsaws…whatever.
是啊,血腥電影太七零年代了啦。變態殺人魔拿斧頭、鋸鏈⋯⋯之類的東西,這種電影還能拍幾部啊!
Ashley: Don’t get me wrong. They still scare me. It’s just that I prefer a little more suspense and drama.
別誤會我的意思。那種電影還是會嚇到我,只是我比較偏愛電影裡有多一點的懸疑和劇情。
Greg: I’m more into the classic monsters—mummies, werewolves, vampires….
我比較喜歡經典怪物片──木乃伊、狼人、吸血鬼⋯⋯。
Ashley: Speaking of vampires, did you see Twilight?
說到吸血鬼,你看過《暮光之城》嗎?
Greg: Yeah. It was OK for a vampire flick. They could’ve toned down the love story a little, though.
看過了。就吸血鬼電影來說還過得去,但談情說愛的部分真的可以少一點。
有哪些常見鬼怪?
evil spirit 惡鬼、惡魔,也可說demon。the Devil則是指魔王「撒旦」。
exorcism 驅魔儀式
mysterious plagues 奇怪的病毒、瘟疫
zombie 殭屍。西方的殭屍拖著腳走路,東方的殭屍用跳的。
blood-and-guts 血腥的、亂砍亂殺的
gory 血淋淋的
slasher 血腥的(恐怖片)、砍人兇手
psycho killer 變態殺人魔
mummy 木乃伊
werewolf 狼人
vampire 吸血鬼
留言列表